New Features Added - 7th March 2018

Posted in CategoryBookaxe
  • Scott Cruickshanks 1 year ago

Hi Everyone, Just thought I would let you all know that over the past week we have added a few new things to Bookaxe, primarily in response to feedback we have received via both email and the "How are we doing?" Bookchat.

1) We have increased the number of books returned when searching for a book to 18 from 9 this is to address an issue that @Amy brought up about by only showing 9 books on occasions it made it hard to find the right edition.

2) You can now see the Bookcases of people who have bumped you as long as they are also sharing their own Bookcase. A couple of people had requested this via email.

3) You can now add your location to you Bookcase - again this is something numerous people have asked for over the past couple of months.

4) The final thing included in the updates this week is that any bookchat topics you start are now also shown on your Bookcase.

I hope these changes improve your Bookaxe experience and if there is anything else you would like to see please do let us know.

• Mark Housley 1 year ago

This is a dumb question (as usual) but what does "bumping" a shelf mean, really? What does it accomplish?

• Scott Cruickshanks 1 year ago

Hi Mark, I have always been told there is no such thing as a dumb questions.

The main purpose of bumping Bookcases is so that you can keep track of the Bookcases that you may want to revisit in the future because as the site continues to grow it will become harder to find specific people just by scrolling through all of the Bookcases. 

The other key benefit is that when you view an individual book the opinions of the Bookcases you have bumped are promoted above those of the Bookcases you haven't bumped. As the number of users grows this will become more powerful - some books have already been shelved by over 1000 so it will be become more useful to promote the opinions you trust over the ones you don't.

Finally we are planning to add extra features that will allow you to see when your bumped Bookcases have added new books etc. 

• Mark Housley 1 year ago

Thanks, that helps. Have you noticed that some of the covers' titles blend in with the cover background? So when you are browsing shelves you have to click on the title to know what it is. I have no idea how hard this might be, but I'd love to see a flyout upon mouse hover. 

Login to leave a response.